Pages

March 20, 2011

Time

My time has been spent indoors as of late. The rain has has come and stayed like an unwanted guest over staying their welcome. Since the Bay Area is in a constant state of being wet (and not the good kind either if you know what I mean), I had to do something before I went crazy. So I dug up my old training book from the days on a youth team, refined the pages of conditioning and hang board work outs, and committed myself to ACTUALLY training. Projecting, points, the whole she-bang.

So far, I have only completed two days but I feel motivated. I give my self time limits and it puts the pressure on to do it in the allotted time before I must move on to the next phase of the day. Friday was my first time using a hang board seriously since September 2007. After I was done I can see why I swore off the workout. I already knew I was going to be sore the next day. But I'm a sucker for pain (not shitty pain, but good pain. There's a difference). Conditioning is now push exercises (i.e. dips, push ups, shoulder presses). It seems to be working as the next time I go in, I feel motivated to continue training and get fit for some of them there outdoor rock climbs.

The Moon Board is the best

What happens when hold meets extreme heat in dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment