Pages

January 20, 2011

Going Outside Part 2

Previously in Part 1 "Unfortunately, the wind made it colder than expected and we had to retreat...."


To Hueco Wall. Will wanted to repeat Hueco Wall, saying he saw a much cleaner way of topping out. I didn't believe. Then he showed me. IN THE FACE! The way he topped out was much smoother than last time and it showed me how I was going to end the Hueco Wall Traverse. We thought there would also be sun down there and warm. Thoughtfully we hoped we would escape the wind. It turned out to not be as warm as we thought it would be since the sun was obstructed by the trees. The wind didn't help us warm up any easier. Weather forecast was projected for low sixties, but the wind made it feel mid to lower 50s. Somebody call the whambulence and get me some cheese to along with my whine. 


If you don't know, now you know: I hate the wind. It makes it colder than you already are in the winter and it blows shit (dust, dirt, various debris) around and into your eyes. Wind blows. Sometimes it dries your hands out too much and you're dry firing off the rock and god, that's not fun. As much as I dislike the wind I have to give credit to drying my hands JUST enough to be sticky and not sweat off on Hueco Wall Traverse. I had previously worked the line two weeks before I got surgery. I was psyched on doing it. To someone else, it might end up looking not worth it. A couple of moves a foot above the ground to a easy top out doesn't exactly strike you as a proud line. I had already put in the effort and time on it last time, I had to follow through with it and complete it. In the end, we were all surprised as I sent it first try of the day. First try, and it ain't even Friday. Here's the video of me doing Hueco Wall Traverse V8.


2 comments:

  1. I think I need to go to cr with you for a tour. All kinds of stuff I've never seen- MG

    ReplyDelete