Pages

January 10, 2011

Two words: ON COMMAND

First try on a cold day. To get here, it's an awfully long walk.

Yesterday Will, Bryan, and I went out to Mortar Rock. Will and I were intending to get on Impossible Wall, but the lack of pads made it impossible for the day. There ended up being a large group of people that showed up to climb there in the good conditions. I wasn't stoked on how numb my feet were. A good 30 minutes of me walking around trying to warm them up didn't help much. We went over to Stoneface off Arlington on Thousand Oaks Blvd. In a car, it's a short drive, but if you not driving, it's an awfully long walk.

Will tried Hoop Dreams before the cold hit him. I rewarmed up with Hoop Dreams and then fired off Stoneface first try for the day. This might be one of my favorite problems. It's low and the holds are comfortable. Here's a video.

"On command? Apparently." – Joe Czerwinski and Chris Bloch

No comments:

Post a Comment