Pages

January 19, 2011

Route Setting Schedule + Going Outside pt. 1

This week happened to be the first week off from route setting at Bridges. You might whine and complain now, but starting in February, we will be setting every Tuesday. Starting the 1st to the 22nd. The schedule is as follows…
  1.  South Boulder east side February 1
  2.  North Boulder east side February 8
  3.  Cave February 15
  4.  South Boulder west face February 22

After this it's two weeks off. Don't worry, it allows us to go outside and rest so we're not burnt out. We come back after next set on March 15 for a couple weeks. The gym is pretty new right now. The West Wall was reset on January 11 with 38 problems VB – V9. Destroy yourselves on these things. It's just training for your projects outside.

Tuesday was my first day back climbing after my wisdom teeth removal. It served as a good day back. Will and I started trying Kauk Roof. At first (and still) I wasn't super excited by it. I had looked at it before years ago at Yo! Basecamp when I was delusional about doing things. I tried it a couple times deeming it hard for myself. Coming back to it, I was a little bit taller and stronger (and I'll never be a baller so don't even ask). Will and I worked out all the moves but I wanted to move on. After he convinced me that I had already put in effort and I should do it, I sided with his reasoning. It the end, it ended up being more fun that I originally thought. Will captured video of my send and we moved on to the Beak so Bryan so work on it.

Unfortunately, the wind made it colder than expected and we had to retreat....CONTINUED IN PART 2

No comments:

Post a Comment