Pages

January 5, 2011

Day 1

High tide
After a not serious day bouldering at Mickey's Beach on Wednesday,  I took a rest day. Its nice to go out and red my bike around downtown to get some exercise, even if it's flat with no hills and cars flying past me. I've been cooped up too long it feels. And since next week I get my wisdom teeth pulled, I'm taking advantage of the sun and nice weather.

Rest days like this also lead me to realizations. Like I don't enjoy climbing magazines as much as I used to. Yes, the photos attract my attention and there are some articles I do read every now and then. But I find myself flipping through one out of boredom when I'm at the gym. DeadPoint has some interesting stuff online. Rock&Ice is a classic and has some clue as to what audience they want to capture (meaning they have some idea what to put in the issue).


That's my only realization so far. Other than that I've find a new psyche for outdoors. It has been so much fun with Will and Bryan. Tomorrow we're going for Day 2 at Castle Rock with a Bridges member, Tom from Chicago. He hasn't been and to go to Castle will be good. I'm glad that I get the opportunity to climb with other members and friends. It makes me appreciate my time climbing with friends. Plus seeing people being outside and enjoying and not whining is always a plus for myself. I'm pretty sure Will and Bryan appreciate it as well.


The last two times I've been outside with Will and Bryan it has been some of the funnest mellow days I've had. I don't feel like I have to try the hardest things, I don't feel any need to complete anything super hard (though that is always a BIG plus on any day) . They make me laugh with their antics. Looking back a couple of months ago, I wouldn't have been down with that. Live and learn your lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment