Pages

January 13, 2011

Days for days

Ben Polanco (the Flea)

My phone has McRibs in it's autocorrect cache  

Monday was a rest day. I saw my friend after see got off work before she went to Vegas for the week. 

Tuesday we set on the West Wall at Bridges. 38 problems, VB-V9. Setting is getting good. Can't please all the people all the time, but they like it. I see no need for other setters to get upset about if problems are sandbagged when they didn't set. That's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it, just as you are entitled to yours.

Today was a climbing day. After failing to get my prescriptions filled out Monday (like an idiot) I had to do that before anything. Why did I need them filled out? As of tomorrow for a couple days, I'll be on rest time due to having my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow morning, bright and early. Not the optimal situation but it has to be done. After that, I'm good to go. I know that rest weeks only fuel my psyche and help me get stronger. I found that out in November when I couldn't climb for a week. But tonight, I went climbing at the Oakland gym after hearing the steep section was reset. The problems were fun. Yeah, I said it. I actually got to onsight something graded difficult (but I felt it was much easier). And since I'm not the best onsight boulderer, I'll call that a success. I also climbed on the wood wall with Flea (Ben Polanco), Vitaly, and Manesha. Trying hard individual moves on that thing is surprisingly fun now. I never use to go up there, fearing an ass whooping. 

Flea and Manesha then did conditioning that I joined in on. It brought back memories of training with Greg and Marea Loh, Izzy, Flea, and Charlotte a couple years back. It was fun to work out with them, putting an end to my night.

Everything today felt like a bonus. All I wanted to do was climb. I never expected to have the day I had today.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment