Pages

October 14, 2011

Joe's Valley

What is there to say about this amazing place? Tucked away into two forks of a road, I was invited by Jeff and Nina to come along for a weekend extravaganza of bouldering.

Unfortunately, I forgot my video camera and to take photo (blowing it). It was a road trip I hadn't gotten to climb days before. The last climbing day before was Sunday at Arthur's Rock. I wasn't prepared for the epic punting. I don't believe there has ever been that many servings of humble pie in one weekend. The problems felt more technical than the sandstone back home (Castle Rock). Castle is also a lot softer on the skin. Shocking to discover a split on my left index finger. I drew more blood this short little trip than I have in Bishop or in Hueco. Even back home. Joe's Valley pretty much said "Not today son," all weekend in my face.

Trips like these are good for discovering projects for your return trips. such as No Substance, Worst Case Scenario, Resident Evil (stand and low), Fingerhut, They Call Him Jordan, Scary Monsters, and many others that I saw and tried. Joe's Valley could trump Hueco and Bishop if it wasn't in Utah. And had a coffee shop. The food ranch provides good service (the chicken tenders are damn good in-between climbs).

The trip was filled with good people who made for some good times.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment