Pages

July 28, 2011

Better than down time


Lately, the good times have been flowing. Today was one of those really good days where things just clicked. It leaves you to wonder how can you make every time you want to climb or do something productive feel like it did today.

As what has been the normal for Thursdays, Ben Eastman, Megan, and myself once again met up at Ironworks. Megan got herself a membership and celebrated by bouldering and doing some routes. Ben and I got back on the sharp end. Ben had a good training day by doing both the 12d and 12c (which he said felt as hard as the 12d) that he fell on last time first try today. It was rad. One route though he looked super solid and there was no question if he would fall or not. But the next one...it felt like falling would be imminent. For myself, I had been thinking about this one route since last week. Today also marked the first time I didn't feel anxious about falling or failing. I was anxious to get on it because it's a rad route going at 13a (a plastic one no less!). It's mostly pinches and sloppy (my hands are sweating typing this thinking of it that's how rad I think it is). I got two tries (out of three total) on it and feel confident I'll be able to do it all in one shot next week. Major progress.

To see progress that fast in a short amount of time is refreshing. You don't always get that with climbing. It comes in small amounts a majority of the time. Most days, I don't feel strong and end up falling a majority if the time. But there's a saying, "If you're not falling you're not trying." And while sending something is pretty damn rad, you can't be 100% on every single day. But this is isn't the time nor place to discuss that issue. 

Just find what gets you stoked, and go get it. Be a route or boulder problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment