Pages

January 13, 2012

Valley time



The weather has been incredibly dry and cold that to not take advantage of climbing outside would be a shame. In the past two weeks I have been in Yosemite Valley trying to climb problems that have continually kicked my ass. Over, and over, and over again. I am still unable to get off the ground on Bruce Lee. Either my right foot slips off as I'm bringing my left up or some other useless excuse. It doesn't matter because Austin did it after looking like he wouldn't be able to. The amazing feat was he didn't do the hand sequence he planned on. Impressively using the worst hold to go to to jug. Most impressive climbing I have seen so far of 2012. And it's not even February.

$12 gets you a bagel, coffee, and cereal at the cafeteria.
As for myself, I could tell I needed a rest day after setting at Bridges. Oh well, sometimes you just need to suck it up and keep trying. My second day on wasn't really amazing, only doing the Angler (V3) at Curry. I should have been wearing something warmer because I was shaking and cold the rest of the day. My toes were numb and trying Slap Shot in the dark (again by headlamps) became futile when I couldn't stop shaking because of the cold. You live and learn I suppose.



Thursday was slightly better, as I felt ok. My skin didn't hurt and I wanted to check out Pugilist at the Ahwahnee Boulders. It's a really cool line that shut me down near the top. I worked out all the moves and somehow couldn't pull it together for a send that day. I ended up doing the Ahwahnee Arête (V4) and No Fur (V3) and some other V3 there. Nothing hard for me, but new problems. It counts for something. I really need a trip after a rest day to feel productive (in my opinion) I suppose. Hopefully I will be able to get back before my up coming trip to Hawaii or before the weather turns (eventually).


Ahwahnee Arête (V4) Possibly the tallest V4 I have done.

Unfortunately, my camera and batteries crapped out this trip. I got no sends on my camera but all on Austin GoPro. Hopefully, I can make the upgrade to HD soon, as my camera is stuck in 2005 quality wise…

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment