Pages

February 16, 2011

Move son!

Between my last outside climbing day and now, there's been a few changes. The weather for one. It has turned from sunny and glorious, to grey and rainy. So long to the sneak peak of spring and summer, hello winter (again). I guess this means more time spent inside at Bridges till the next outdoors adventure. Bishop is on that radar.

The biggest change in my life has been moving from one side of Walnut Creek to my grandparents place way up in the hills for a time being. Instead of being a three minute walk to the grocery store, restaurants, and CVS, I'm about 15 minutes on my bike (downhill) from downtown. about the same amount of time as I was from my old house to downtown. I digress...

Last Friday was my last day outside before the fiasco of moving. Coming off of Thursday at Castle with Michele, I was exhausted. Partly due to knowing what was coming ahead of me the next two days and partly because I felt like I climbed a lot (certainly gave a lot of effort on my sends) in a short amount of time. It seems that waking up early is better for my climbing than late night sessions. I've also worked resetting the cave at Bridges Tuesday. That's right. There are new problems VB-V11 in the cave there. And because the weather has reverted to winter, my opinion is that it's all good training for your next upcoming trip.

Good times for a change? Apparently.

1 comment:

  1. Ah... feel a little bit better knowing the Bay's up to it's ol' rainy self. Seems like the sun's starting to melt away the snow here. Hope you had a smooth move!

    ReplyDelete