Pages

February 21, 2011

Nontitled

Because of the rain and having a slight cold, I wasn't up to climbing as much as I had been. I'd like to get something outside to get over 100 points this month to add to my point total. The year goal has gone from 100 to 500 to 1G (1,000) in points. That is a lot of rock climbing. But it's not a far of goal as I originally thought to be.

Chris Bloch said he has something around 125 already this year. I'm around the same figure. If I keep on pace, then I should have 500 by May or June (give or take) and 1G at about say...fall, if I can climb somewhere a lot in the summer (Colorado anyone?)

Something that definitely helps these goals come to fruition is the psyche. Psyche for Mortar Rock is one. never have I felt this high of psyche for that place. I feel as if a lot of projects will happen for me this season. C'mon rain, go over to the east coast! The psyche for doing lines I had previously deemed impossible now seem probable. It also helps knowing that I don't have to be on my game every single time I go climbing. As nice as it is, some days I wont be able to climb hard. My body needs fitness days where I just do a lot of easier problems. As long as I'm still climbing mostly, I consider that a successful day.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment