Pages

February 24, 2011

Two Days

Since Captain Planet decided that enough was enough and made the sunny weather with crisp, cooler, breezy conditions for bouldering outside go away, my time has been spent at Bridges Rock Gym. Mostly just to stay fit and and not lose my psyche.

TUESDAY
We reset the backside of the south boulder (the big boulder near the desk). I don't have photos of it, but if you have climbed there recently you may have noticed we made things with really short reaches. The main reason for that was because of the YCL (Youth Climbing League) comp this Saturday being held at Bridges. Unlike last year, where the kids from Bridges had done all the climbs beforehand (making it unfair for the other teams), we set specific problems for the kids. Short reaches and making sure they can get off the ground. If you have been there in the past two days, you'll notice that it's probably a lot different than most of our sets. Personally, it opened my eyes on how to set for shorter people. It can be hard when you have a reach of 5'11" and set for someone who isn't.

WEDNESDAY
I woke up around 6:30am so I could get in an early session on the new stuff. Even after forerunning all the problems Tuesday, I couldn't think of a better way to get pumped and stay fit. It feels nice to be able to climb through a set and then be able to come back and then get shutdown some days. It's all training right? Makes you try to get pissed off at yourself and give up that day. At least for me.

If you haven't heard, seen, or smelled the new cafe upstairs, Spread, I highly recommend you try it out. It's way better than the cafe before (overpriced, bland and unfriendly). Spread is run by Mike. He's friendly and has some delicious sandwiches and pizzas.

Eggs, mushrooms, and garlic pizza

Post climbing recovery meal...I think. I feel like it helped. Maybe it's the 4 mile walk home that made me even more tired than boulder did...hmmmmm. The world may never know. The follow pictures are some I've taken over the past couple of weeks for you to enjoy. So...enjoy!
Raha 
When slacklines bite back

Dan Portik

$1 tacos on a Friday night 

Captain Planet says, "I make it rain!"

Organic

Tanning parties? Really? Can you say waste of money? The sun is free...just sayin'

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment